Sunday, October 31, 2010

Back to Painting!!


The wedding is done, and I am ready to go back to painting!!!

These pics show some of the "tin tile" ornaments I have been working on for a while. Not quite finished yet, still need to add the ribbons, etc, but I think they turned out pretty cute.

The first set is a sheep, a couple of crows and a saltbox house, all painted on a burgundy background.

The second set has a sheep, a little white house and a darling church. They are done with a double layer background.....burgundy topped with ivory, then sanded back to reveal some of the burgundy. Very rustic and very cool. Mom has already been eying them for our tree, so I had to promise to paint another set for her.....

After the wedding yesterday, my brother Wayne helped me set up a Facebook account. I just mentioned that all my friends had one and I didn't, and next thing I know, I am sitting in front of my computer signing up.......and I already have "friends"!!!! Once Chrissie and Scott come back I will see if they can put a link from this blog to the Facebook page. I don't have much on there yet, but look forward to getting it set up.

Next show is in two weeks at Spanaway Lake High School. I am in booths 148/149. No electricity, which is a huge bummer. Am working on some ideas to get light into the space and on the Christmas tree. But for now, time to get back to painting. Back in a few days....

No comments:

Post a Comment