Saturday, October 16, 2010

Another Funky Junk sale in the bag!!


Another Funky Junk Sister's "Junk Salvation" show done!!! And what a fabulous time!!! If you had the chance to attend, I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did!!

Just a few pic's of my booth.....will be posting more pics tomorrow of some of the other vendors, including my friend Lisbeth of Cottage Caboodle.

First pic is of my Christmas tree and the ornaments I've hand-painted.......it is never too early for Christmas!!!
The tree also has one of my fabric rag swags on it, and another is hanging to the right. The swags are made from several yards of different homespun fabrics, individually knotted, and I will sometimes add wooden spools or rusty tin ornaments. They also look great wound in with some greens on a mantel, or wrapped up a stair rail.

Second picture shows the fabulous little "dough boy" table I had for sale. It was a great garage sale find earlier this year (I was so determined to buy it, I managed to fit it in the back end of my Nissan hatchback......)
On Friday nite I made the mistake of covering the table with all kinds of goodies, so no-one could see it very well.....so Saturday morning I relocated most of the excess stuff, and it wasn't long before it was noticed. It now has a new home with Krista and I know she loves it!!





Third pic is the interior of my booth......mostly stuff I have hand-painted....if you have been following the blog, you will probably recognize some of the pieces!!!

The cute little skate was an early sale, so I will be painted another one very soon........probably not the same pattern, will have to change it up some. I also have some child-size skates stashed away, and have fabulous planned for them......

View from another side of our space. I was lucky enough to have a pretty successful sale, so many of the things in the picture did not come home with me!!!!

The great old dome-top trunk found a new home with Nikki and I hope she loves it!!! It needs a lot of love, but you cannot beat the character of an old piece!!

Last pic is the final one. Just another view of the booth space, showing mostly painted items.

As always, the "Sisters" put on a wonderful show, and I consider myself so lucky to be part of this!!! It combines my love of "old junk" with my love of painting things (many of which are created from "old junk").

That's all for now, be back tomorrow with more from "Junk Salvation".

Cyndy

1 comment: