Sunday, May 30, 2010

New projects and new shows.......


Just finished this "sampler" piece, on an old cupboard door. What a fun project!!

Visited the Junky Friends sale on Friday and found some fab pieces. A great old metal dust pan/scoop, a tall pitcher and another lunchbox..... can't wait to get started on them!! Unfortunately, not much else at the sales around town.....kinda disappointing.....but I think the holiday weekend and the icky weather definitely had an effect.

Great news from the Funky Junk Sisters....they have set a date for their fall show!!! It will be October 15 &16 at the same location on South Hill......it is sure to be loads of fun!!! I must be nuts committing to a show 2 weeks before Chrissie's wedding, but I can't pass up the opportunity!!! Also have another November show in the works, for the first weekend....the Pickering Barn Christmas Show in Issaquah, put on by Sandy Roundy. She saw my stuff at Funky Junk and invited me to join her show.....a new area for me, so it will be interesting.

So that makes 1 show in October, 4 in November, and maybe another in August/Sept......yikes!!! But I love love love to paint, and have oodles of ideas for new stuff....not to mention lots of unfinished projects lying around........

Am going to paint my new painting room today.....it will no longer be the "pink cave"....when Chrissie was at home it was her room and she painted it fuchsia.....I dread to think how many coats of white it is going to take to cover..........

The paint brushes are calling........back in a few days!!

Cyndy

No comments:

Post a Comment