Saturday, March 6, 2010

Beautiful weather for Saturday in March......

Weather was absolutely beautiful, I should have been home working in the yard, but frankly, I hate playing in the dirt.....that's I why I hired Everardo, and he does a great job. So since it was too nice to stay inside, I went out garage sale-ing. OMG, did I get some great deals!!!!!!!!!! Found a fab sale in University Place and picked up a wonderful old trunk, enamelware pots, wooden bowls, a chair, a great old wood tool cabinet and on and on and on.....sale was so great we unloaded the Nissan and went back for more!!! We filled the car three times before called it quits for the day. I should take a pic of the stuff piled on my front porch........

Found an ad on Craigslist yesterday for an old warehouse full of junk including wood scraps, tables, and fabric.....I love wood, so I was game!!! Chrissie wasn't too keen on the idea, but I made her come in anyways........one of the the former tenants used to make kids wood furniture, and we found a lot of really nice wood that I could use.....of course, we were covered in sawdust by the time we were done, but I thought it was well worth it!!! This was stuff that would have been tossed, so we saved it from the landfill and I can turn it into something great! And best of all, it was FREE!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait to get started paintin' and primmin' up my goodies, so enough for now, gotta get to work!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment