Saturday, February 27, 2010

Two class projects


These two plates are a little different than most of the stuff I post. Both are class projects that I finished recently. The rooster plate is so vibrant!! He will probably find a permanent home in my kitchen.......

The second plate is much softer, done in washes and soft shading----a real departure from my usual primitive style----but very delicate and pretty. Love the metallic red paint!!

Went out today searching for more treasures, even with the rain!! As usual, found a few must-haves. Drove down to Yelm to the "Junky Friends" sale and found some darling little spoons to paint, and other goodies. Took my favorite garage sale buddy---my dog Chewie!! She loves to go bye-bye with Mom!! And she loves everybody!! She is so little, everyone thinks she is a puppy (and I must admit she still acts like one.....) but she is full-grown. I'll have to post her pic some day, she is a doll.

Started another new project----repurposing an old wood bread box. Found a great Terrye French pattern with a saltbox house and sheep. Can't wait to get it finished. Haven't been painting as much because I have been hooked on the Olympics. Good thing they end soon so I can get back to painting!!

OK, enough for now. Have to get back to the Olympics....waiting for the US to win the bobsledding gold!! Back in a day or two with more pics!!

Cyndy

No comments:

Post a Comment