Saturday, March 13, 2010

Christmas again........

I can't seem to totally get away from Christmas....I actually started these ornaments several months ago (like November......) but just got them finished. Unfortunately the pics are a little dark, but the outside portion is painted a nice dark blue with snowflakes, and the word "PEACE" is written on the dangling section.

My daughter Chrissie was recently engaged, so I am spending alot of time looking at wedding "stuff". Who knew there were that many options for ring bearer pillows........We do know that we are going to make alot of the decorations, favors, etc ourselves....that way she can have exactly what she wants. I just have to rein in the primitive side of me.....I don't think crackling and rust are her idea of the perfect modern wedding accent.....

I recently finished a few other projects that I will feature in the next few days.......a hand-painted address book, a really cool prim painted wooden bread box, and a cute little Raggedy Ann pic. I actually forced myself to stay home and paint today rather than go garage sale-ing....of course the weather was kinda icky anyways.

My future son-in-law is a total computer geek, and he really wants to build me a website.....just not sure I am ready for that, but we will see what happens in the coming weeks. Found some really great graphics on the "Hattie's Workshop" site. I am going to use some of them for new business cards and hang tags.

Off to paint!!

No comments:

Post a Comment