Saturday, September 25, 2010

Three weeks to Funky Junk!!!!!!


Wow, just three weeks left til the Funky Junk Sisters "Junk Salvation" Flea Market!!!!!



I have been painting like crazy the last week, trying to get ready for the show (plus getting the centerpieces ready for my daughter's wedding.....).



The first pic shows three great little primitive pumpkin pins....I love seasonal pins!!!!! Plus the faces on these are great!!



Next pic is a fab old metal scale I found at a sale this summer. Cleaned it up and painted up with an adaptation of a Terrye French pattern....can easily be displayed year-round. Hmmmmm.....this may have to find a home in my kitchen..........



Next pic is of an old vintage skate painted with an adaptation of a Barb Jones "Snow Jobs" pattern. I changed up a few things, and added one of my favorite snowman sayings "My Family Is a Bunch of Flakes". I think it turned out great. Ooops, I just realized I posted this pic before.....oh well, it is still cute!!!



The last pic is our first class project of the year, and as usual my teacher Pam picked a winner!!!! This is from a Jamie Mills Price pattern, and her snowmen are always soooooo cute!!!!!

The colors on the "NOEL" letters are so soft and subtle, and the "Glamour Dust" just adds some extra oomph. Love this so much, I think I will try the same color palette on some other Christmas ornaments I have.


Had to go check out the Northwest Toleliners mini-convention in Seattle (SeaTac) on Friday. As usual, I spent lots of money, but got some really really cool surfaces. I have no idea what I am going to do with some of them.....anyone have any ideas for a framed piece of rusty corrugated tin???? It looked sooooo cool and was such a great price I couldn't resist, but I now I have to come up with something fabulous for it........



Only one day of vacation left, then it's back to regular work :( Was so so so much fun this past week and a half lounging around the house, painting all day long, just me and my fur-babies (Chewie and Little Bit, my dogs).

Back in a day or two!!

Cyndy

No comments:

Post a Comment