Monday, June 28, 2010

Check out my little visitor.....



This female peacock (peahen??) showed up in my neighborhood a couple of weeks ago, and she wanders up to my porch every few days.......

Talked to Animal Control; they said she and her male partner showed up in South Tacoma about 6 months ago and have been moving about the area ever since....they think they may have a nest nearby.....Animal Control can't/won't do anything with them since they are "wildlife". They said she likely hangs out at my house on my porch bcuz she likes looking at herself in my sliding glass door. Guess they like to see their reflection. She is very pretty, but I don't want her roosting in my yard. It is driving my dogs absolutely bonkers!!!!! They think they own the neighborhood anyways, add in one brightly colored bird and it makes for a big ruckus!!

Didn't get much painting done today, too busy watching "American Pickers". It is fast turning into one of my fave shows. I wish I could happen along some of the places they get to dig thru.....

Back in a day or two.....

No comments:

Post a Comment