Monday, October 12, 2009

It's starting to look alot like Christmas.......

So, I finally got my ornaments finished for the Funky Junk Sisters pink Christmas tree!!! Like I said, they asked for one, but I had to be an over-achiever and do three for different reasons.......

The first one is a tin stocking, painted in a cream and pink harlequin check pattern, with a very subtle gold glaze on the cream checks....turned out very cool!! I like this design because is it very "old world".

The second is an old CD I "repurposed", painted pink, and then painted a lacy snowflake design.....(to tell the truth, this is the second one I did----the first one was too flower-y so I had to start over). I did this one to fit in with my "reuse and recycle" theme.

The third ornament is my favorite....this is adapted from an old "Ralph the Reindeer" pattern from the 90's.....I named our girl-y pink version "Mer-Lau" in honor of two dear friends, Mert Gullings and Laurie Boudreaux who have battled/are battling breast cancer. I am awed and inspired by their bravery. I did this one just because. This was a collaborative effort with my daughter Chrissie, who gets all the credit for sewing this, because everyone that knows me knows I don't sew, period!!

I was lazy this weekend and went shopping instead of painting....but had sooooo much fun!! Hit a couple of great sales in the Olympia area, and picked up some nice display pieces and cool "junk" because you never have enough........

I did get a companion piece done to go with the Candy Coneys I posted earlier....it is a small mummy cone....cute, but I think the Candies are cuter....I still have a few more cone-people planned....just have to find the time to finish them......

1 comment:

  1. I love the ornamants. What an honor to have my name associated with the cute reindeer - thanks for thinking of me.

    ReplyDelete