Monday, January 17, 2011

Prim is in!!


I just love anything primitive!! You can turn any regular tole-painting pattern into something prim by sanding a little bit, changing colors and antiquing!!

The first pic is a Vera Collier pattern that I did all of those things to.....the original was light green but I much prefer this reddish-brown color.

The bottom section is painted with chalkboard paint-----great for family reminders, etc

Second pic is on an unusual piece I found at the last Toleliners mini-convention in SeaTac. It is rusty corrugated tin that has been framed. An awesome piece---I bought the last three they had!! When I bought them, I had no idea what I was going to do with them, but I think this prim old crow turned out great. Now I need to come up with ideas for the other two.......any suggestions??

Less than two weeks now til the next Funky Junk Sisters "Junk Salvation" show. This one is in Hillsboro, OR. on Feb 5th. I am gonna drive down, just because I can't resist the cool stuff their vendors always seem to find. Check out their website (www.funkyjunksisters.com) to see a list of the vendors. They are also hinting about another show but no details yet on where that is......

I am looking at doing a spring show....Sandy Roundy of Country Creations puts on some great shows at Vasa Park and Pickering Barn in the Issaquah/Bellevue areas which is new territory for me....be sure to check out the calendar to the right for show updates in the coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment