Saturday, January 29, 2011

Delicate flowers.......


Just finished this piece (a class project) and I love it!!!

This is from Arlene Linton's newest book....it is actually the cover project. It is a bit of a departure from her usual "lacework" pieces but I just love the delicate flowers with their subtle color.

Still working on another old metal scale and a covered basket, hope to have pic's of those in the next few days.

Went out looking for goodies today. Went to Sandy's Antique Geranium Cottage in Puyallup today. Saw info on her sale on the Funky Junk Sister's website...she is battling cancer and friends are helping her sell her goodies to raise money for expenses. Such a sad situation. I picked up two cute wooden chairs to paint...at fabulous prices.

Also sad to hear that our ReHarvest Center in Tacoma is closing. I loved to hunt around down there to find old cabinet doors and other goodies to paint. I was able to find a few doors today, along with a wonderful rusty old shovel. I'm really gonna miss them.

I'm off to paint.....that scale is calling to me......

Cyndy

No comments:

Post a Comment