Saturday, July 10, 2010

Ornaments!!!!!!!!



Have been paintin' like crazy on Christmas stuff the last few days........despite the heat :)

These are a few of the "tag" ornaments I have done......I love Santas and snowmen!!! The first and third group are from Renee Mullins' "Plum Purdy" designs, the middle group is an old Myra Mahy pattern packet. I rarely paint anything exactly as the directions show......if I am using a pattern, I almost always change something to make it my own.

Went out hunting for goodies this morning and picked up some great finds....a couple of great old scales to paint, a nice carpet for my booth, some "shabby chic" stuff to "prim up" a bit, old cupboard doors, and lots and lots of tin things to paint. It was sooooo hot I didn't take Chewie with me, and she looked so sad sitting at the door. Poor baby, she loves to go bye-bye.

Prudence the PeaHen made a brief return visit Friday afternoon, but stayed away from my porch this time....hopefully she has found a new family to visit long-term........

Three months and counting to the next Funky Junk Sisters show!! Actually, they have renamed the show "Junk Salvation presented by the Funky Junk Sisters". Very cool!! Pop over to their site (using the button at the top right) and check out the fab things and other links. I talk up the show every chance I get, and on my "travels" today, I actually met up with some ladies today that are regular attendees....didn't need to tell them about it, they already knew what a fabulous show this is!!!

The Tumwater Antique and Craft Fair on Capital Blvd in Tumwater is open again this weekend. PoleBarn Primitives and the Country Chicks will be there. Last time I spent waaaaay too much money but they had some great things!!!

It is too hot to paint right now......paint dries on the paint brush before I can do anything!!! So I guess it must be nap time!!! Back in a few days with pics of the resin pieces I just finished.

Cyndy

No comments:

Post a Comment