Friday, December 25, 2009

In my thoughts

When I last posted I had all these grand plans to finish my Christmas shopping, do my Santa Cops deliveries, finish painting a couple of gifts, and generally enjoy the holiday season.

This has been a tough Christmas season for many, me included. It was really hard to really get into the Christmas happy spirit when things turned ugly right as the season is starting.....the economy, then the police officer shootings in October and November. Just as the our local community and law enforcement "family" is starting to heal, Monday night happened. Two more police officers shot, just doing their job. This time, for me, it hit close to home. I know both these officers and have worked with them for several years. Good men, good fathers, good officers, the kind of people we want out there watching our back. I was out with one of our detectives making Santa Cops deliveries when the call came out, first one shot, then another. Absolutely gut wrenching, and something I hope and pray I never have to hear again.

Nick Hausner is out of the hospital and recovering at home. Kent Mundell is still in very critical condition, shot three times. A kind, gentle, funny man. He and his family are in my thoughts and prayers.

On a happier note, Santa Cops was able to fill all the referrals and delivered toys and gifts to several dozen families, making their holiday season a little brighter, my painting group had an awesome Christmas party, and I actually did get one gift painted :) and my daughter bought me a GPS so I don't get lost garage sale-ing this summer, looking for cool things to paint!!

Hoping you and yours have a wonderful Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment