Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Busy busy busy.......

I've really been neglecting this blog lately. This season has been extra busy, with work and volunteering and decorating and shopping and the list goes on and on and on....

But I love every minute of it!!! I'm tired, yes, and I don't get much painting done, but I love this time of year!!

On Monday the 21st, I will be delivering Christmas gifts and food to needy families in our area as part of the "Santa Cops" program. I have been volunteering with them for several years now. Nothing beats the smile of a child that realizes that Santa hasn't forgotten them, or the gratitude of parents when they realize there will be food on the table tomorrow. Or the joy of the police officers as they get to help people who desperately need it but are afraid or too proud to ask.

This year is a tough one economically for a lot of people, and I encourage everyone who can afford it to donate something, anything to your local food bank, food drive, toy drive, whatever. If everyone gave just one can of food every month, there would be a lot less hungry people in this country. Food for thought.......

Joyous Holidays to All. Back in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment