Thursday, February 3, 2011

Repurposed Primitives!!



I love to "repurpose" old things, and give them new life. With a little bit of paint and imagination, anything can become an awesome accent piece.

The first pic is an old metal scale. When I bought it, it was a very ugly brown color----not at all attractive. I painted the whole thing in antique white and green, added a simple little rooster and some "stitch" lines, then antiqued everything with gel stain. Goodbye ugly brown, hello pretty and prim!! Would look great in a country-style kitchen.


Second pic is of a great vintage lidded basket. I found this piece at a garage sale last year. The lid was covered in a padded canvas with a truly hideous gold-colored farm scene. Ugly 60s vintage. But I just painted over it with the flower basket pattern and I love it!! This is an older Kim Klassen pattern and I think it really suits this piece.

Just a couple more days til the Funky Junk Sisters "Junk Salvation" show in the Portland, OR area. I'm not sure I'll make it, I have sooooooo much to do......but I'm sure it's gonna be fab!!


No comments:

Post a Comment